- 1 (15-1/2 ounce) can of garbanzo beans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red vinegar
- salt and pepper as desired
- 1 pound tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium size onion, sliced into thin rings
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
Drain beans; rinse under cold water. Beat oil and vinegar together; season with salt and pepper.
Add the beans and mix until well coated, being careful not to break up the beans.
Arrange tomato and onion slices in a shallow dish; sprinkle with basil, salt, and pepper. Spoon beans on top. Serve chilled.