- 3 cups dry brown rice pasta (penne works great)
- 1 medium bunch kale – chopped small
- 4 Tbls. olive or soybean oil
- 3 large and firm garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup dried or fresh basil
- 4 Tbls. balsamic vinegar (or add amount to taste)
- sea salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Cook pasta until firm to the bite; drain and cool under cold flowing water for a minute.
2. At the same time, in a large skillet or pan, simmer the kale in 4 cups water for 10 – 15 min., or until it has reached your desired tenderness. Drain and save the water for soup stock if you’d like.
3. In large bowl mix the remaining ingredients with wooden spoon, then add the pasta and kale. Season and enjoy at time of preparation or refridgerate overnight for enhanced flavor.
~ Try substituting shoyu sauce (premium soy sauce) for the vinegar and omitting the salt.
~ Instead of salt and pepper, I use Jane’s crazy mixed up salt. It’s wonderful and may be able to get it in bulk.