- 3 cups combination of green leafy lettuce, green/red, boston, Romaine– washed, dried, chopped or ripped
- 2 cups Spring greens — bagged or bulk, rinsed & dried
- 5-6 green onions, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 lemon or lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 bell pepper – any color, slivered
- 1/2-3/4 cup cabbage — purple or green, finely shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, whole
- 5-6 fresh radishes, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced, set aside
- 1/2-1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced, set aside
Use a salad spinner to remove water from lettuce and other washed greens if possible, if not, then dry with clean dish towel.
Tear or chop lettuce and add to a large stainless steel, ceramic or glass bowl, NO PLASTIC! To this green bed add all other ingredients. Squeeze lemon or lime and pour over greens. Add garlic and toss very lightly by hand.
Wet ingredients like cucumbers and mushrooms should be served buffet style (on the side) to be added by each person as topper, unless the whole salad will be consumed at mealtime.
Optional Ingredients (use vegan versions): olives, shredded carrots, sliced yellow squash, zuchini, slivered almonds and other nut pieces, hard-boiled eggs, fresh spinach and other veggies.