- 3 tablespoon pure sesame oil
- a few drops of chili oil
- 3 tablespoon ume plum vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon passion fruit (or other) juice
- a squirt of fresh lime
- a sprinkling of fenugreek leaves, if available
- around four cups of spinach
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup of firm tofu chunks
- Other additions encouraged: I enjoy everything from walnuts to mandarin oranges
Mix the first seven ingredients in a small bowl, and toss the dressing with the remaining ingredients in a salad bowl.
This makes a great accompaniment to most Asian meals, from Thai to Indian to Chinese.
I like varying the salad with whichever extra ingredients I have on hand. I encourage creativity!